Back to postings
Customer Service Supervisor
Department: Customer Service
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Customer Service Supervisor to join our team!
What you'll do
You support the work of Licensed Insurance Advisors (LIAs) on a day-to-day basis. You solve escalations and provide authorizations. You are responsible for providing product and procedure advice, performance coaching as needed, and leadership to the department.
Specifically you will:
- Supervise and support the day-to-day performance of a team of LIAs in order to meet individual and team performance targets. This includes monitoring the queue and LIA calls and emails activity, as well as attendance management.
- Respond to escalated calls and emails as well as questions from LIAs regarding service, sales, and claims. Approve authorizations and exceptions. Resolve claims issues.
- Complete Queue-minding and Authorization responsibilities as assigned by the Manager.
- Assist CS Managers in developing, implementing, and supporting strategies to improve teamwork, performance, and process efficiencies.
- Coach LIAs regarding department procedures, product knowledge, and customer service skills. Utilize call monitoring, observation, statistics, and discussions to develop and support LIAs. Collaborate with the Customer Service Trainer to create and implement LIA development action plans when required. Act as a role model for LIAs by providing exemplary customer service at all times.
- Communicate and reinforce department performance goals and strategies. Motivate LIAs to achieve individual and team performance targets and standards.
- Perform scheduled front-line LIA responsibilities 50% of the time and provide a specialty skill to the team (training, QA coaching, phone sales, contact centre technologies, or other).
- Create a high performing, engaged team by effectively using performance management.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle escalated issues.
- Optimize the customer experience throughout the department through innovation and improved processes.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Promote a learning culture by supporting team learning opportunities and by building your own professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- 1+ years of supervisory experience required, preferably in a contact center environment
- Degree or diploma in a business-related discipline
- Completion of Level 1 Insurance License required
- Demonstrated customer service and sales skills, as well as knowledge of customer service principles and practices at the Senior LIA level
- Fluency in French is required for the Supervisor role for our Eastern Teams
- Experience or competence in a relevant specialty skill such as training, quality assurance, coaching, phone sales, contact centre technologies, or other
- Proven team leadership skills, including being a change agent
- Completion of contact centre management courses is an asset
- Demonstrated coaching skills and knowledge of coaching principles and practices
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Able to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels in the organization to achieve results
- Successful project planning and organization skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and a champion of new software solutions
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being valued, effective and trusted
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- Demonstrated ability to understand and lead a customer experience focus
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings