Back to postings
Insurance Services Specialist
Department: Business & Insurance Services
Reports to: Insurance Services Team Lead
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for an Insurance Services Specialist to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
- Provide support to other departments and to external customers related to product information.
- Prepare information for internal departments regarding product coverage and rate exceptions.
- Communicate and explain product information to internal departments before delivery of new product and/or product revisions.
- Develop, update and proofread product and procedures training and liaise with Learning Centre to design training presentations.
- Facilitate training sessions for internal employees.
- Develop, maintain and update all product underwriting guidelines, procedures, and product support materials, for internal departments and external partners.
- Assist with the development, writing, updating and proofreading of policy wordings, endorsements, , rate cards, medical health questionnaires, medical and definition guides, sale tools and any other product support material for new and existing products.
- Work with key stakeholders such as Insurance Management Team and Claims to achieve agreement and/or approval of wording.
- Organize all policy editorial and coverage changes, document the purpose of these changes and ensure that they are implemented upon reprint
- Develop and maintain internal and competitive coverage and medical health questionnaire summaries as required.
- Collect, analyze, develop and maintain competitive rate and medical health questionnaire comparison-analysis.
- Produce ad hoc coverage, rate and/or medical health questionnaire comparisons as requested.
- Develop, write, maintain, update, proofread, and test policy-related website content.
- Provide administrative support: write minutes during meetings and update the collateral inventory document.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree or diploma in business or related discipline
- 3+ years of administrative or customer service experience in the insurance industry
- Detailed knowledge of TuGo products is an asset
- Familiarity with Medical terminology
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse priorities under deadlines
- Experience developing and delivering training sessions is an important asset
- Knowledge of Canadian Insurance Industry
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to postings