Back to postings
Department: Claims Administration
Reports to: Claims Administration Supervisor
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Claims Examiner to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
- Process claim files according to Company policies and procedures. This involves reviewing claims for completeness and compliance with policy coverage.
- Follow up with travellers/providers if claim requires additional information (e.g. medical history, medical records, itemized bills, miscellaneous information, etc.).
- Process payments and letters to travellers and providers.
- Set up request for payment from provincial medical plans and extended health plans as required. Tracks payments received and close file.
- Provide claim information when needed in order to help resolve traveller inquiries.
- Assist travellers to complete claim forms and answers any questions (e.g. how to make a claim, status of existing claim, how decisions were made).
- Provide backup telephone support for Medical Assistance Department as required.
- On occasion, may act as liaison between TuGo’s medical staff and insured, family etc.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree or diploma in business or related discipline
- Previous experience assessing claims an asset
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of policy wordings to accurately process claim files
- Experience in customer service role an asset
- Strong interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Well organized, very detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
- Second language is an asset preferably French, Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese, with written and verbal fluency
- Level 2 Insurance Adjuster’s license or Level 2 General Insurance License preferred
- Criminal record check is a requirement of the position as required by insurance councils for licensing
- Once fully trained, work schedule will include some non-business hour shifts (weekend and evening shifts)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to postings