Back to postings
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Systems Administrator to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
You develop, operate and maintain highly complex technology systems in a classified environment. You participate in the integration of processes and methodologies to ensure the performance of the total system. You support senior technical team members and project managers in various technical activities related to system and technical system development.
- Provide day-to-day administration and operational support for Windows, Linux, and our network and security systems.
- Administer enterprise-level Red Hat Linux systems for development, test and production using VMWare, vSphere, Amazon Web Services in a Highly-Available 24/7 environment.
- Assist with supporting an environment that supports continuous delivery.
- Maintain and update installation and configuration processes and documentation.
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, incident response, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Coordinate and perform annual security audits.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Run security scans, read reports and execute the mandated remediation steps.
- Write technical documents related to system design, network diagrams, document processes and procedures.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- A university degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical experience in the following: Windows – Active Directory, Azure AD, Cloud – AWS, Container technologies – Docker Engine, Docker Compose, Configuration management – Ansible, Puppet, Network Routing/switching – Layer 2 and Layer3 (Cisco, Fortinet), High Speed data networking (SDWAN)
- Solid knowledge and experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.x/7.x/8.x and Ubuntu Linux required
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certifications desired or equivalent experience.
- Strong and well-rounded background in network, host (RedHat/CentOS/Ubuntu) and application security
- Virtualization experience, VMWare 6.x - 7.x, vSphere with Nimble Storage and NetApp storage systems
- Requires excellent customer service skills, specifically the ability to deal effectively with end users
- Requires ability to work independently and to increase knowledge and skills through self-learning
- Experience with deploying applications to Tomcat or JBoss and tuning the JVM
- Knowledge of software development processes including revision control and source code management (Git, Bitbucket)
- Experience with application monitoring software such as New Relic
- Knowledge and experience with PCI DSS compliance processes
- Understanding of OWASP web app security principals
- Knowledge of security tools such as Trend Micro Deep Security and Sophos
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be available on call for 24x7 coverage
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to postings