Back to postings
Department: Digital Platforms
Reports to: Digital Platforms Director
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
At TuGo, we’re committed to helping travellers and partners have better experiences. To sum it up: We help—however we can. That’s why we’re one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company!
We’re a team of specialized experts, dedicated to first-class customer service and claims assistance. We’re looking for a Platforms Designer to join our team, in our Richmond, BC office.
TuGo is privately owned with headquarters in Richmond, BC. We have over 170 employees in offices across Canada.
What you'll do
You tackle complex problems and help our users feel more confident using our various platforms. You are involved end-to-end in the design process including creation of design concepts, developing interactive prototypes, devising and conducting experiments, and delivering applications that create measured value for our users. You are a strategic problem solver who demonstrates sound design decisions and never does something “because it looks good”.
You work with the developers, business analysts and platform strategists to ensure that the new features and improvements to applications are of high quality and add the expected value. You keep the perspective of the end-user in mind when designing. You participate in sprint planning and product forums to ensure that the scheduled tasks and goals of the applications are in line with corporate priorities and deadlines.
Specifically you will:
- Tackle complex technical problems and work to help users feel more confident using our applications.
- Manage the end-to-end design process including creation of design concepts, developing interactive prototypes, devising and conducting experiments and delivering applications.
- Develop and maintain a design system for our various applications.
- Work with the Digital Platforms Manager and Digital Platforms Strategist to help manage platforms in our existing portfolio.
- Take a data-driven, empirical approach to platform design.
- Help identify platform needs from potential and/or existing users and help drive the formulation of hypotheses.
- Engage in customer discovery by contacting potential and/or existing users to seek validation or rejection of hypotheses.
- Work with developers to help push rapid iteration on existing platforms.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree in Graphic Design, HCI, Visual Communication or UX Design
- 3+ years of experience as a designer; experience designing products for insurance, finance or travel is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to pull together a cross-functional team and lead a productive ideation session
- Experience turning static wire-frames and designs into interactive flows using various prototyping tools such as Invision and Experience Design
- Experience testing designs through usability testing
- A passion for building design and pattern libraries, understanding how design systems are built and know when to follow, and when to break, established interaction patterns utilizing tools like Zeplin
- Experience with HTML, CSS and front-end frameworks
- Passionate about design and sharing knowledge
- Experience leading customer research and other open-ended research inquiries
- Experience designing in both Android and iOS app
- Experience tracking and interpreting metrics to support design decisions
- Experience working in an agile environment is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to postings