Back to postings
Marketing Operations Specialist
20 month contract
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Marketing Operations Specialist to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
As the primary point-person for the Marketing Team at TuGo, you work closely with internal/external stakeholders to execute marketing and communications plans for the company. You act as the primary operational contact person for corporate projects, cross-departmental requests and team process management. You are responsible for communicating requirements and needs between the Marketing Team and all other departments within TuGo.
- In collaboration with the PMO, develop detailed project timelines and key milestones as they pertain to the Marketing Team.
- Progressively elaborate tasks at each project phase to improve project estimates and ensure schedule is maintained.
- Update all stakeholders on Marketing Team progress and highlight what is required from other departments.
- Ensure project tasks are completed on time and within the given estimates.
- Identify and prevent project scope creep; initiate change requests documentation when necessary.
- Work with stakeholders and PMO to mitigate potential project risks.
- Act as the owner of all project related SOPs for the Marketing Team.
- Be the subject matter expert of JIRA and all other resource allocation and project management applications within the Marketing Team - training and assisting all team members in utilizing JIRA to maximize their productivity and efficiency.
- Assist Marketing Team leaders in resource allocation to meet required deadlines.
- Balance workload and prioritize tasks within the team—reassigning tasks as needed.
- Identify and create project key metrics to track team progress and success.
- Update and maintain the issue log to identify areas of improvement and implement corrective actions.
- Manage and process all Business Support Requests for Marketing.
- Collaborate with Marketing leaders to strategize, plan and execute on marketing initiatives and campaign.
- Lead and manage department operational work to align with corporate strategy initiatives.
- Process all ad-hoc requests for Marketing and ensure requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Oversee and maintain the production and maintenance of corporate swag by working with Marketing leader.
- Continuously improve processes and procedures within the Marketing Team.
- Oversee the usage of The Bridge within Marketing and participate in The Bridge Working Group.
- Manage the development, production and maintenance of promotional materials by working with Marketing leaders and external vendors.
- Oversee the use of trademarks, mice type and disclaimers for Marketing collateral.
- Engage team to create a positive working environment.
- Organize department meetings and participate in weekly team meetings.
- Verify and perform initial processing of all incoming Marketing invoices before forwarding information to Accounting.
- Provide back-up support to Marketing leaders when absent.
- Provide administrative and clerical support as needed: order office supplies and prepare meeting minutes.
- Coordinate team building activities and maintain budget.
5. Other responsibilities
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree or diploma in project management, marketing, communications, or a related field required
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 3+ years of project coordination experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to articulate thoughts/ideas clearly and with commitment
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas and solve problems
- Experience using development tools associated with the field of marketing communications, such as desktop publishing software, content management systems, and customer relationship management software
- Proficiency in project management software, email marketing solutions, and Lotus Notes are assets
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings