Back to postings
Reports to: Assistance Supervisor
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Case Coordinator to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
You participate in providing 24-hour assistance services for travellers with medical emergencies. You support Case Managers and offer feedback to ensure processes run smoothly. The shift for this role will be Tue to Fri 11am - 7pm and Sat 9am - 5pm (Pacific Time). Bilingual English-French language ability strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate compassion and attention to detail while managing hospitalizations (24-hour emergency medical and non-medical support).
- Liaise between the traveller and other parties (facilities, physicians, family etc.).
- Explain policy and coverage information as needed.
- Accurately log notes and update Case Managers.
- Send Confirmation of Coverage (COC), Verification of Benefits (VOB) or Guarantee of Payment (GOP) as appropriate.
- Update hospitalization statistics and monthly reserves.
- Research and document network discount rates for hospitalizations.
- Effectively troubleshoot complications that arise during the management of an active hospitalization and/or transfer.
- Verify accuracy of TuGo doctor and air evacuation bills - pay accordingly.
- Support Claims Clerical and Cost Management Departments as required.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree or Diploma in business or medical related field an asset
- 5+ years of experience in customer service, preferably in a contact centre providing emergency assistance
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze and evaluate complex information to make quality decisions under pressure
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance policy wordings to assistance work
- Emergency assistance or medical experience preferred
- Familiarity with medical terminology an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours (early morning, afternoon, evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts) and willing to work on-call
- Excellent written and verbal English and French skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings