Back to postings
Department: IT Operations & Infrastructure
Reports to: IT Operations & Infrastructure Director
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team!
What you'll do
You’ll be working in a small team that owns entire infrastructure stacks for multiple products. Your work will have a high impact and you will be responsible for a particular set of systems and run key projects. You will get to collaborate with a high performing development team and be part of shipping great new product features, optimizations, tooling, and workflows. You are passionate about automation, development lifecycle improvement, and being the bridge between infrastructure and development. You embrace the concept of the software defined datacenter and are prepared to scale your systems on demand.
Specifically you will:
- Co-manage servers on AWS cloud environment.
- Develop proactive system monitoring of business-critical applications.
- Improve efficiency and quality of software development and delivery processes.
- Develop and maintain processes and tool chain automation of software lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the Engineering & Infrastructure teams, following an agile methodology to design, develop and deliver solutions with a high degree of quality.
- Follow DevSecOps best practices for development, security, and operations.
- Attend SRE bi-weekly meetings consisting of team members from Engineering & Infrastructure.
- Diagnose high and low-level performance issues in a highly distributed environment.
- Design and deploy new systems needed for product features.
- Maintain standards of security, reliability, performance and quality.
- Collaborate with your peers and internal customers to understand the big picture and use that understanding to design new solutions that enhance their workflows
- Maintain and update installation and configuration processes and documentation (best practices & runbooks).
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Be available after hours for emergency issues.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in designing and maintaining production systems in a cloud environment
- Experience designing and maintaining systems with AWS and CloudFormation or other Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with and apply best practices to CI/CD pipelines and automation of software delivery
- Experience with Git and Git workflows
- Experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Proficiency in using or configuration monitoring systems like NewRelic, Nagios, Prometheus to identify critical metrics and prioritize alerts
- Ability to code in at least one programming language including but not limited to: Python, Groovy, Bash, Java, GoLang
- Experience working with containers preferably with Kubernetes
- Experience with database management either Oracle, SQL and NoSQL and experience with ElasticSearch and Couchbase an asset
- Familiar with technologies such as SpringBoot, Akka, Kafka, JBoss, Tomcat
- Familiar with system integration and management tools such as Ansible, Puppet
- Demonstrated ability to clearly convey thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Proven ability to work with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of being valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
Remote work is available.
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings