Back to postings
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
- Analyze existing technologies and develop plans and processes for improvement.
- Design, code, build, and deploy new systems needed for product features with high quality.
- Participate in project planning and execution to identify risks, costs, benefits and operational requirements.
- Test code, processes and deployments to identify and streamline the SDLF.
- Build, manage and improve our AWS cloud environment.
- Maintain standards of security, reliability, performance and quality.
- Improve efficiency and quality of software development and delivery processes.
- Collaborate and work in an agile team with your peers and internal customers to understand the big picture and use that understanding to design new solutions that enhance their workflows.
- Develop new tools to capture and present relevant Build and Release data in support of a metrics-driven software development process.
- Be part of an on-call rotation.
- Maintain and update installation and configuration processes and documentation.
- Work and communicate with development teams to bridge gaps and bring consistency in software builds and release.
- Diagnose high and low-level performance issues in a highly distributed environment.
- Develop proactive system monitoring of business-critical applications.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years related experience in Technology architecture and DevOps
- Minimum 3 years in building DevOps automation and cloud-native architecture platforms
- Preferred experience in software engineering solutions and tools
- Hands on experience with:
o Designing or maintaining systems in one of: AWS, Azure or GCP
o Orchestration and build automation tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker, Gradle, Cloud DevOps
o Container platforms – Docker, Kubernetes, Service Mesh in cloud environment
o Setting up code scanning and testing tools like Sonarqube
o Multi-environments management in full agile delivery model (mix of on-prem and cloud)
o Centralized logging and monitoring – AWSCloudWatch, New Relic, Prometheus
o Scripting languages Python, Shell, Groovy, Go
o Automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet
o Sound knowledge of Linux and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Good knowledge in CI/CD pipelines and automation of software delivery
- Understands cloud native architectures, patterns, application deployments and operations.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL database such as MySQL, Oracle, Couchbase, Mongo DB, Redis
- Familiar with technologies such as SpringBoot, Akka, Kafka, Elastic Search, Couchbase, Tomcat
- Demonstrated ability to clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Enjoys working in a Team environment, contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs.
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings