Back to postings
Department: Claims Administration
Reports to: Claims Clerical Supervisor
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Claims Clerk to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
You perform a variety of standardized clerical duties such as: scanning, typing, word processing, data entry, record keeping, file maintenance, photocopying, faxing, receiving, sorting and sending mail, and other general clerical duties.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties in an accurate and timely fashion within established procedures, guidelines, and timelines. This includes some combination of the following:
- Process all incoming (received via post/courier, email and fax) and outgoing mail. Open and ID incoming mail and forward to offsite document management company.
- Manage and process electronic files
- Coordinate forwarding and pick with courier companies
- Distribute mail to appropriate departments,
- Compile and send claim forms to travellers, including follow-up letters and additional claim forms when needed. Open new claims as needed.
- Enter data into our system.
- Process outgoing cheques by preparing cheque run and bank drafts, distribute printed cheques, and update Phoenix with wire information; may follow up with the bank, Technology Team or Accounting Team regarding system problems.
- Generate and mail various automated letters including requests for medical records, medical histories, itemized bills, no-reply letters, etc.
- Provide clerical assistance to other departments as required.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Post-secondary diploma is an asset
- Previous administrative experience including word-processing and data entry
- Ability to process a high volume of work and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to postings