Back to postings
Bilingual Customer Service Rep / Licensed Insurance Advisor
Department: Customer Service
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Location: Richmond, BC
Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for a Bilingual Customer Service Rep / Licensed Insurance Advisor to join our Richmond, BC team!
What you'll do
You act as the primary contact for our travellers & partners. You create and maintain positive traveller/partner relationships. You proactively cross-sell and represent the benefits of TuGo products.
- Create and maintain positive traveller/partner relationships by responding to questions/problems/changes or escalating them as appropriate.
- Respond to partner requests for assistance with locating product information, clarifying coverage questions, and confirming rate calculations. Helping to guide them on how best to utilize the services available to them on Partner Platform, as well as answering questions on other claims and TuGo services.
- Sell and cross-sell TuGo’s products in accordance with established procedures and scripts.
- Remain up to date on all insurance products, procedural changes, industry information, and the computer and phone systems.
- Do whatever possible to help to make our traveller’s trip’s better.
- Respond to phone inquiries regarding coverage and how to make a claim.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree or diploma in business or other discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a contact centre or customer service environment
- Verbal and written fluency is required in an additional language, preferably French or another language such as Mandarin, Cantonese or Spanish
- Successful completion of Level One insurance licence (within 1 month of start date)
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge of policy wording to accurately sell policies and provide service to travellers
- Criminal record check is a requirement of the position as required by insurance councils for licensing
- Ability to work our 9am-5pm M-F shift and Saturdays on rotation
- Travel insurance industry experience is a highly desired asset
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
Contact Centre Hours (Pacific time): M-F 6-5; Sat 7-4. Sat = rotation. Shifts do not change unless required.
* Remote options may be available for those already licensed.
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to postings